Multi Silica is an organic liquid product containing diatoms and various other elements to ensure optimal efficiency and availability of silica to the plant.
This product can be mixed with water and applied through any irrigation system as all the particles in this product are smaller than 20 micron.
Silica is taken up by the roots in the form of bio available silicic acid (Si(OH)4).
Micro-organisms release metabolites in the form of (HCL) which react with the Si to form silicic acid.
Diatoms provide a good source of silicon (orthosilicic acid H4SiO4).
• Contributes to Cell wall structure > making the plant more immune to disease
• Contributes to Cell wall structure > improving stalk strength & rigidity.
• Contributes to Cell wall structure > increase resistance to lodging
• Transporter of all nutrients. Starting with Calcium.
• Alleviate biotic plant stresses. (Pests, disease)
• Alleviate abiotic stress.(Drought, nutrient imbalance)
• Silicon in plants can stimulate photosynthesis.
• Si alleviates water and various mineral stresses.
• Si decreases the toxic effects of aluminium.
• Si has been shown to break up a compacted soil to allow air and water to penetrate deeper into the soil.
• Si improved hydraulic resistance to allow better water uptake rate.
• Si corrects soil toxicities from high levels of elements such as Mn, Fe and Al.
Always add Multi Silica to fresh water first. Stir while adding. Allow mixture to rest for 1 hour for Si to dissolve completely . Next add CalMag supplement (if required), then add fertilizer to water. Check and adjust pH range to 5.5 – 6.5.
Low strength – add 0,25ml per 1L water
Full strength – add 0,5ml per 1L water
Max strength – add 1ml per 1L water
Foliar Spray – 0,25ml – 0,5ml per 1L water